We have hosted many wonderful dogs at Stonewood Cabin and hope to continue offering our guests the opportunity to travel with their dog. We have strict requirements for dogs and their owners. We consider allowing guests to bring their crate trained dog provided the terms of our Pet Policy are agreed to. Typically we allow only one dog, but we will consider allowing two small dogs.
Our pet policy includes provisions such as:
- Dogs must be crate trained.
- Dogs must be at least 1 year old.
- Dogs must be crated when left unattended. We do not provide crates, you must bring yours from home.
- Dogs are not allowed on furniture or beds and dogs are not allowed upstairs.
- The dog owner is responsible for replacement cost for any damage.
- The dog owner accepts full liability for their dog.
If you would like for us to consider allowing your dog to stay at our cabin, please send us information about your dog. We travel with our dog too and understand the importance of having them with you.
We thank you for your understanding regarding the measures we have had to put in place to allow dogs into our cabin.
Only crate trained dogs are allowed. Dogs must be at least one year old. No other animals qualify as allowed pets. Pets are only allowed when approved in advance and only when the following terms are agreed to:
1) I confirm that my dog is at least one year old.
2) I confirm that my dog is crate trained and I will bring a crate for use during my stay.
3) I understand that a non-refundable pet fee will be charged per dog.
Pet Fees 2 nights $50 3-6 nights $75 7+ nights $100
4) I understand that an additional security deposit of $250 per dog shall be paid and shall be forfeited in the event of damage to property (includes real and personal property, natural foliage and vegetation, landscaping, erosion-control terrain) or non compliance of any portion of this Pet Policy.
5) I confirm that my dog shall never be left unattended unless crated.
6) I understand that any damage caused by my dog to the exterior or interior of the cabin, including furnishings and grounds, will be my full financial responsibility and I agree to pay all costs involved in the restoration to its original condition. If damage is such that it cannot be repaired, then I hereby agree to pay the full expense of replacement.
7) I agree to report pet damage immediately upon occurrence to facilitate timely repairs/corrections/cleanup. Waiting until checkout to report pet damage can potentially increase my financial responsibility. I agree that damages resulting from my pet can result in related costs, including but not limited to: fumigation costs and loss of rents due to the Lodge not being fit for occupancy by the next guests. Liability for costs of displacing future guests (lost rents) is limited to two nights, and is only applicable when best reasonable efforts to return the Lodge to rentable status are not effective and result in lost revenue to property owners.
8) I agree to take special precautions to protect my dog from area wildlife and to protect area wildlife from my dog.
9) I agree to the following guidelines for control and behavior of my dog:
- I will not allow my dog on the furniture or beds and I will not allow my dog to go upstairs.
- I will diligently maintain cleanliness of my dog's sleeping and feeding areas.
- I will clean up all waste product of my dog. Acceptable clean-up shall be placing the waste product in trash cans provided.
- I will prevent my dog from creating excessive noise.
10) I agree to hold property owners harmless for any perils to my dog including, but not limited to, accidents, injuries, illness, loss, runaway, death or any other circumstances relating to the presence of my pet. I understand that certain conditions of the environment and habitat of the area are inherently risky for domestic animals. This includes dangers of predators (bears, raccoons, wild dogs, snakes and others) and other conditions (fallen or falling trees, branches, stinging insects, poisonous vegetation, land/rock slides, and others). I understand that pets are not affected by, but can facilitate human contact with poison ivy toxins.
11) I agree that my financial responsibilities herein apply to pets whether owned by me, my family, or the guests staying with me at the cabin. "Visiting" pets (those brought by visitors just stopping by and not pre-approved to stay) are not allowed inside the cabin.
12) I agree to indemnify , hold harmless, and defend property owner against all liability, judgements, expenses, including attorney's fees, or claims by third parties for any injury to any person or damage to property of any kind whatsoever caused by my dog.
13) I understand that non-compliance shall be a breach of the rules and will result in the forfeiture of my security deposit plus any other costs outlined here.
Our Pet Policy will be sent to you as an Addendum to our Rental Agreement. Each item must be intialed and the agreement must be signed and returned.